Friday, September 12, 2008

Sleeping diva


This is what Rohan looks like almost every day, when we go out for a walk in the stroller that Dimoni and craigslist got him. Not very exciting, right?

That's what I thought, until I found out firsthand what an amazing center of attention even a boring, sleeping baby can be.

Yesterday, we walked to Fabric Corner at the corner of Mill st. and Mass Ave, where Dimoni was going to buy some supplies to make Rohan's kantha (quilt that grandmothers make for a new grandchild out of a soft, old sari.) It turned out that Thursday was Senior Citizens Day at the little basement shop -- no use to my mother, who is a perky 60 -- but it meant plenty of other doting grandmas who couldn't get enough of Rohan's tiny face.

At 13 days, he's the 2nd youngest visitor to Fabric Corner. And he slept through his 15 minutes of fame.

In other news his 2-week pediatrician visit went fine -- he's up to 6 lbs 1.5 oz, and still eating nonstop, rarely sleeping EXCEPT when taking walks and being admired. As my colleague F. said last night, "If one more person tells me to 'just sleep when the baby sleeps, I'll kill them!!" After the doctor, Mike, Rohan and I had our first family date -- to Dunkin Donuts. Sad, I know -- but it was vicariously exciting to see a baby's eyes open wide at the sight of a chocolate-glazed -- guess he's definitely a Boston baby now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i now have your blog linked up to my iGoogle page, so i can read new posts right away! weam!

Anonymous said...

humtime... wot's igoogle? anyway, our goal is to update ~1x/week.