Friday, September 26, 2008

Wake me up when September ends

I have no idea what the Green Day song is actually about, but Rohan listened to it calmly, 20 times in a row yesterday. Mike is afraid baby will acquire my love of listening to music on endless repeat (can you say Beck, Saint-Saens, Dire Straits, or ABBA?)

Lately, Rohan has been sleeping better at night -- 3 to 3.5 hours at a time -- so much so that Mike's coworkers often remark, "You look very well-rested for being a new dad!"

Well, this is because Mike is a VERY sound sleeper and is oblivious to the Grunting Pig that is in the bassinet next to our bed. The Pig himself is equally sound asleep. I, on the other hand, although not worried by the pig noises, can not get a minute of sleep during the ruckus. My mother says that I made the same noises when I was a baby, and she actually tape recorded them and took it to the pediatrician.

I'm not that paranoid, but I thought I'd post a representative video here. You can play it next to your bed tonight and see if YOU can fall asleep! If you can, happy parenting to you.

No comments: